Here’s a recipe my friends and I enjoy. It is a very sinful treat for all you watching your calories out there but it’s ohhhh too good. You would want another one and another until you finish the lot. I tell you, this happened to me!
2 pack (28 biscuits) Oreo
1 soft cheese (Light or Not)
1 loaf Madeira cake
1 cup White/Dark/Milk Chocolate Chips
Cookie crumbs for decoration (optional)
1: Grind Oreo biscuits and Madeira cake using food processor.
2. Add soft cheese, mix well. Make sure cheese is distributed evenly otherwise you will have uneven taste.
3. Form them into balls suitable size for a ball or cake pop (1 to 1.5 inch diameter). Place in single layer on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper.
4. Put in the fridge for 20 mins to half hour.
5. Put chocolate chips in a bowl and melt. I prefer melting the chocolate over simmering water.
For Oreo Cake Pops
6. Dip one end of the cake pop stick in the melted chocolate and then gently pierce an Oreo ball. Repeat same process for the rest. This is to prevent your cake pop falling through the stick.
7. Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate, evenly coating all sides. Sprinkle crumbs or decorative sprinkles. Let it rest on a cake pop stand.
For Oreo Balls
6. Dip each ball into melted chocolate. Replace balls on baking tray and sprinkle with Cookie crumbs or other decorative sprinkles.
Once chocolate coating had settled, you can now wrap or present your cake pop or cookie balls as you desire. I always wrap my cake pops individually in clear plastic used for sweets and I seal it by tying a ribbon in a bow. For the cookie balls, I would put 3 balls in a bag and seal it the same way. I would pre-write or print out a label with “Oreo Cookie Balls” written on them and place it in front of the bag. Maybe add some quirky message on there too but most importantly warn people about wheat/gluten contents for dietary requirements.
I suggest looking at https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/cake-pop-displays/ to give you ideas on how to present your cake pops. However, it’s always up to you can add your own creativeness and make it personal.
This is ideal for spring/summer parties. They are perfect alternative to cupcakes and cakes, saving you the baking and frosting time cakes take. Fun and easy to make, have a go at it yourself and tell me how it went. 🙂